Monday, April 11, 2011

[depot] context poster

Before starting the process of designing the Pullman Depot, groups were formed and each focused on particulars related to design of the same era that the Pullman depot was built. Some had prominent architects, while others had popular design styles. I was in the latter group and focused my research on the Queen Anne period of the early 1900's. After researching about the specifics of the style and gathering images, I composed a small poster to present the information I had found. The layout and style for the poster was decided upon in my group so that all of our posters would have a consistent, cohesive look. The pictures are of a great, readable size when printed, but there is a lot of blank space. I would change how narrow the three columns are by widening them, and maybe making the text larger. The three columns work well as they grid the poster out in 3rds.

No comments:

Post a Comment