Monday, April 11, 2011

[depot] artist poster

I chose the work of glass artist James Nowak as the inspiration I would be using for the concept of designing the Pullman Depot station. I would be using his philosophy of creating art with depth that plays between chaos and boundary for the inspiration of the design of the interior. I made this poster to describe how I would apply this philosophy, as well as to explain a little bit more about James Nowak as an artist. I also included three pictures of his work and a quote from him, all of which help to exemplify my concept. The poster itself is very effective and aesthetically pleasing, I think. It functions almost as an advertisement, or 'flyer', explaining to those curious few what will be happening in the old Pullman depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment