Monday, July 26, 2010

Mapplethorpe Process Poster

I have been developing a room design for Robert Mapplethorpe, a photographer from the 1970's and 80's, by using quotes as inspiration and studying the principles and elements that are consistent in his work. I found a pineapple to be a perfect natural representation of his work. Using the pineapple's shape, I created a space for Mapplethorpe to think. Then I made this poster to show the process of my work. It has the quote I worked from, my drawings of the pineapple, some sketches of my thought process, and finally the finished model. The poster also has concept statement that explains the thought process as well. I created the poster in InDesign. Again, I found that I made the images larger than they really need to be, which sacrificed room for text and overall text size. However, I am happy overall with the poster. I like all the lines, picture sizes and how they line up, the general flow of the poster and left hand margin.









No comments:

Post a Comment